ASTM D2842 Specifies the apparatus and methods of test for the assessment of density of smoke from the burning or decomposition of plastics. Smoke density tester can measure the smoke density of burning or decomposition of plastics.
1. The combustion chamber is made from stainless steel with Teflon coating, to maximize operating life.
2. Provided with two burners to ignite the sample and drip.
3. Smoke Obscuration - measured with an Incandescent lamp system, using photodiodes.
4. Provided with software to judge the testing results.
5. Records ignition and extinguishment time of flames. And the other test results are light transmission (%), Maximum smoke density (MSD) and Smoke density grade (SDR) and so on.
1. The test chamber is made of Teflon as a coating to resist the smoke from the combustion and greatly extend the life of the product.
2. The red letter "EXIT" font on the bottom of the box is installed, and the tester can discriminate the clear and fuzzy state of the sample through the transparent observation window;
3. The test light source is an incandescent lamp, the photoelectric sensor is a silicon photodiode, the silicon photodiode has a cosine calibration function, and is equipped with a color filter to filter out ultraviolet light and infrared light that are not recognized by the human eye, and has excellent human eye matching degree. ;
4. The main burner is subjected to flame shock at a pressure of 276 KPA, and an auxiliary burner is provided to perform flame impact on the dripping object;
5. The auxiliary burner gas pressure is 138 KPA, and the molten dripping is further burned;
6. The standard test software can not only display the transmittance value per 15s optical path, but also draw the transmittance test curve. After the test is finished, the software can display the SDR smoke density value, that is, the smoke integral value;
7. Through the test software, the test reports of the three sets of test samples can be synthesized to draw a SDR smoke density development curve;
8. The computer software can be used to compare the three sets of test results SDR at the same time, and automatically determine whether the test results can be met;
9. Data can be output from the computer, and print and printable test reports can be connected for user convenience.