The sharp edge tester is used to determine whether the edge part of a toy or item has an unreasonable injury hazard sharp edge.
The test standards is ASTM F963 4.7, EN 71-1 8.11, 16 CFR 1500.49, ISO 8124-1 5.8.
Age Range Edge Test Requirements
- Sharp edges are not allowed on toys under 36 months
- 37 months to 96 months Functional sharp edges are allowed on the toy, but must have a warning statement
Applicable Type: Toys suitable for children 96 months and under.
How to use and understand the sharp edge tester:
1. Put the PTFE tape on the mandrel as required, then rotate the mandrel 360° along the accessible edge to be tested, and check the test tape by gravity to determine whether the ball can completely pass through the test template. cut length. Calculate the percentage of tape length that is cut. If the tape is 50% torn, the edge is considered a sharp edge.
2. The edge to be tested shall be the accessible edge determined after the accessibility test of the part or component of the toy.
3. If the touchable edge of the toy as a whole cannot be tested, in the case of simulating the whole toy, the touchable edge can be removed and tested separately.
4. The key to the sharp edge test is how to fix the edge to be detected, and ensure that the mandrel and the edge are at right angles, and there is no relative movement between the mandrel and the edge during the test.
5. During the rotation of the mandrel, it should be ensured that the pressure on the mandrel is continuous and stable.
Contact Person: Ms. Ivy Xie