Conveyor belts - Laboratory scale flammabilitycharacteristics - Requirements and test method
CAUTION - This method of test is not designed to assess the fire hazard of any given product.The results may help in the assessment of ignition hazard but should not be used in isolation asevidence that a product or materialis safe.
This tester is applicable to the textile body of the conveyor belt and steel cord conveyor belt, but also for a test horizontal orientation conveyor belt specimen flammability and flame propagation characteristics;
For a given period of time, the end of a horizontally orientated conveyor belt specimen is subjected to a flame and the response of the belt to an ignition source is assessed on a small scale. The duration of the removed burner flame is measured, and after the flame disappears, a stream of air is passed through the specimen to measure the duration of the afterglow.
Three, according to the standard.
This tester according to AS 1334.10 1994 "conveyor belt flammability and flame propagation characteristics of the determination", ISO 340-2022 "conveyor belt - laboratory scale flammability characteristics - requirements and test methods" standard and requirements of the production.
This test uses the following definitions:
1. flame duration: 60s after the specimen below the burner removed, the specimen continues to burn time;
2. Afterglow: slow burning without flame;
3. Flame cycle: total flame duration for a single set of tests;
4. afterglow cycle: the total afterglow duration of a single group of tests;
5. Acceptance test: in accordance with AS 1334.10 1994 to demonstrate that the specimen complies with its technical provisions of the test;
6. Type certification: in accordance with AS 1334.10 1994 in order to identify and assess the quality of the product comprehensive stereotypes;
7. Vertical test: in accordance with the provisions of ISO 340-2022 test.
Contact Person: Ms. Ivy Xie