1. Three kinds of sample holders for different thickness of the specimens.
2. Low reflective black finished mild steel Chimney and Cowl assembly complete with thermocouple mounting points.
3. Compliant stainless steel gas burner.
4. Two K type mineral insulated thermocouples complete with ceramic insulators.
5. Two pencil type heaters with 1000w installed in combustion chamber.
6. Control gas instrumentation including electronic gas on/off valve, flow regulating valve, flow meter and manometer.
7. Intelligent single phase power controller with feedback loop for accurate control of electric heating elements
8. DAQ record automatically the mV output from the thermocouples of the flue gases throughout the duration of the test.
9. According to the test time, automatically adjust the output power.
Application: It is mainly used to evaluate the fire performance of wall and ceiling linings.
The BS 476-6 test method is a method for determining the flame propagation properties of materials. It is mainly used to evaluate the fire performance of wall and ceiling linings. The results are expressed in terms of flame propagation index. During the test, the test piece was exposed to a tube torch, and the heat release of the lamp was 530 J/m. After 2 minutes and 45 seconds of the test, the total power of the two electric heaters was adjusted to 1800 watts. When the test was performed for 5 minutes, the power was reduced to 1500 watts, and then the power was maintained until the end of the test. The total test time was 20 minute.
Data Acquisition system