Chair back durability test equipment tests the strength and durability of the seats and backrests by simulating the daily use loading of the seat.
The machine is equipped with two drive devices, which can be individually controlled to repeatedly load the test points of the seat. Through different parameter settings, the machine can do following test on the seat:
1. Seat and back static load test.
2. Seat and back durability test.
3. Seat front edge static load and durability test;
4. Horizontal forward static loading test for backrest.
5. Headrest static load test,
6. Legs forward static load test,
7. Legs lateral static load test.
a.One pneumatic cylinder with load cell capacity 200N.
b.Adjustable load direction (90° to the chair backrest)
c.Form-fitting load distribution device: A device which distributes a force over a 305 ± 13mm ×70 ± 32mm(12±0.5'' ×2.75'' ± 1.25'') area of a backrest. The device will be shaped to approximate the contours of the chair backrest (refer attachment)
d.2 operation mode:
-Electronic predetermined counter(EPC) - 6 digit counter to stroke the cylinder up to 120.000 cycles.
-Timer - to apply and release the force after 1 minute.
Compressed air: ± 6kg/m²
e.Single phase AC 220V
f.Speed: adjutable (10-30 cycle/minute)
g.Clamp:- to restrain the chair base.
i.Backrest strength test-Static -Type I & II (ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2017, clause 5)
ii.Backrest strength test-Static -Type III (ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2017, clause 6)
iii.Backrest durability test - cyclic - Tpye I &II (ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2017, clause 14)
IV.Backrest durability test - cyclic - Tpye III (ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2017, clause 15)
- The max weight is 109kg (240lb)
- The loading device rate between 10 and 30 cycles/minute
- Seating position nearest to the center of the chair
- Determine points 406 mm (16 in.) and 452 mm (17.8 in.) above the seat . Mark these points on the vertical centerline of the backrest.
- Affixed to the test platform. The device shall prevent sliding but not restrict the unit
- from tipping. On chairs that rotate, the base and casters shall be positioned to offer
- the least resistance to rearward tipping of the chair
- Loader: diameter 200mm.